Il Jae Lee
Programmer with a deep interest in artificial intelligence.
I am currently in search of AI Ph.D. positions. Please reach out if your lab is recruiting.
Email: iljae [at] umich [dot] edu
Currently an undergraduate researcher in Professor Jason Corso's Vision and Perceptual Machines Lab at the University of Michigan. Special focus on reinforcement learning utilizing sequential and recurrent deep learning models.
The University of Michigan, College of Engineering.
Bachelors, Computer Science Major. 3.9/4.0 GPA.
Expected Winter 2018 graduation.
- EECS 445: Introduction to Machine Learning - A
- EECS 492: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence - A+
- EECS 301: Probabilistic Methods in Engineering - A
- MATH 216: Differential Equations - A
- MATH 214: Linear Algebra - A+
- EECS Scholar, 2018.
(Awarded to seniors with GPA of 3.9 or higher)
- Dean's List, 2015, 2016, 2017.
- University Honors, 2016, 2017.
- James B. Angell Scholar, 2018.
- Facebook, Inc. New York City. Summer 2018.
Incoming internship. Messaging Infra. Responsibilities TBD.
- SalesforceIQ. Palo Alto, CA. Summer 2017.
Data engineering intern. Worked on streaming (real-time) feature extractors from raw text data to be fed into a machine learning pipeline. Used Scala, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark.
- Fountain. San Francisco, CA. Summer 2016.
Web development intern. Implemented features to the main web application. Wrote large database migrations with guaranteed production uptime. Used Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, ReactJS.
- Solidware. Seoul, South Korea. Summer 2015.
Software engineering intern. Implemented various scripts to improve internal workflow. Implemented various visualizations to machine learning models. Used C++, MATLAB, AngularJS.
- Machine learning: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Intel BigDL.
- Data processing: Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in implementing & debugging large deep learning models.
- Experience in scaling & maintaining mission-critical systems with zero downtime.
- Fluent in Korean & English.