Il Jae Lee
Computer Scientist / Programmer.
I am in the job market for roles in the NYC area. Please reach out if your team is hiring.
Email: [email protected]
Keybase: @agiantwhale / E553 3F16 9F00 A162
Special interest in machine learning, distributed systems and optimization problems.
- Facebook, Inc. New York City, NY. Summer 2018.
Software engineering intern. Worked on Iris, a distributed backend queue with guaranteed in-order delivery powering Facebook Messenger and Instagram Direct. Wrote optimizations to payload retention logic for faster end-user experience. Used Java.
- SalesforceIQ. Palo Alto, CA. Summer 2017.
Data engineering intern. Worked on streaming (real-time) feature extractors from raw text data to be fed into a machine learning pipeline. Used Scala, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark.
- Fountain (Previously OnboardIQ, YC S15). San Francisco, CA. Summer 2016.
Web development intern. Implemented features to the main web application. Wrote large database migrations with guaranteed production uptime. Used Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, ReactJS.
- Solidware. Seoul, South Korea. Summer 2015.
Software engineering intern. Implemented various scripts to improve internal workflow. Implemented various visualizations for machine learning models. Used C++, MATLAB.
Former undergraduate researcher in Professor Jason Corso's lab, with focus on deep reinforcement learning.
University of Michigan, College of Engineering.
Bachelors, Computer Science Major. 3.9/4.0 GPA.
Expected Winter 2018 graduation.
- EECS 445: Introduction to Machine Learning - A
- EECS 492: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence - A+
- EECS 301: Probabilistic Methods in Engineering - A
- MATH 216: Differential Equations - A
- MATH 214: Linear Algebra - A+
- EECS Scholar, 2018.
- James B. Angell Scholar, 2018.
- University Honors, 2016, 2017.
- Dean's List, 2015, 2016, 2017.
- Machine learning: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Intel BigDL.
- Data processing: Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in implementing & debugging large deep learning models.
- Experience in scaling & maintaining mission-critical systems with zero downtime.
- Fluent in Korean & English.