Il Jae Lee
Computer Scientist / Programmer.
Email: [email protected]
Keybase: @agiantwhale / E553 3F16 9F00 A162
- Facebook, Inc. New York City, NY. Summer 2018.
Software engineering intern. Worked on Iris, a distributed backend queue with guaranteed in-order delivery powering Facebook Messenger and Instagram Direct. Wrote optimizations to payload retention logic for faster end-user experience. Used Java.
- Vision and Perceptual Machines Lab. Ann Arbor, MI. Winter 2017.
Undergraduate research assistant. Worked on implementing deep reinforcement learning algorithms. Used TensorFlow, PyTorch, DeepMind Lab, VizDoom.
- SalesforceIQ. Palo Alto, CA. Summer 2017.
Data engineering intern. Worked on streaming (real-time) feature extractors from raw text data to be fed into a machine learning pipeline. Used Scala, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark.
- Fountain (Previously OnboardIQ, YC S15). San Francisco, CA. Summer 2016.
Web development intern. Implemented features to the main web application. Wrote large database migrations with guaranteed production uptime. Used Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, ReactJS.
- Solidware. Seoul, South Korea. Summer 2015.
Software engineering intern. Implemented various scripts to improve internal workflow. Implemented various visualizations for machine learning models. Used C++, MATLAB.